fka Twigs channelling her inner Aaliyah on this new cut.
LP1, will be released via Young Turks on August 12.
"Can’t Do Without You" is the opener of Our Love, the forthcoming sixth studio album by Caribou, and it perfectly embodies its roles as a lead track and first single. A quiet motif of drums, synth pads, and vocal samples kicks off Snaith’s latest with notes of Jamie xx's tender bass music, only continuing to swell in size and intensity like any proper rave-ready jam.
Girl finds Jamie xx perfecting his knack for sumptuously smooth melodies and infectiously off-kilter hooks. The track melds an addictive vocal loop with a warped concoction of glimmering synths, funky basslines and quivering beats.
Here we go.
10. Disclosure - Settle (Listen to ‘Confess to Me’)
9. The National - Trouble Will Find Me (Listen to ‘Sea of Love’)
8. My Bloody Valentine - MBV (Listen to ‘who sees you’)
7. Daft Punk - Random Access Memories (Listen to ‘Fragments of Time’)
6. Atoms For Peace - AMOK (Listen to ‘Dropped’)
via ATLAS / Polydor
3. Kanye West - Yeezus (Listen to ‘Black Skinhead’)
via Roc-A-Fella / Def Jam
2. Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City (Listen to ‘Hannah Hunt’)
1. Jon Hopkins - Immunity (Listen to ‘Open Eye Signal’)
Wall of Sound
"I suggest feathered touch."
21 May 2013. Last week I had the pleasure of seeing Londoners Shy Nature perform at the Old Blue Last pub and their short six-song set was explosive and fantastically executed from the offset, the band playing with the cohesion, timing and confidence of veterans and the exuberance of youth. The set included their recent anthemic release “Deadly Sin” - an immediately catchy, vibrant track, which boldly holds it own amongst the finest guitar indie tunes of the past 15 years. Based on this debut and the other songs played during their great live performance, Shy Nature are on course for big time success. Bravo.
Look out for these guys